Request a FREE content sample of Beauty Look Ahead 2018/19 below.
what we do
Established and future trends are a powerful driving force. Steering the beauty conversation and reflecting consumer needs. Pretty Analytics focuses on telling the trend stories that are changing and driving the industry forward. Exploring how other industries influence the beauty climate and investigating emerging concepts and where ideas link together.
Trend insight + forecasting are told through:
• analysing natural language and industry research - then looking beyond what this data already shows
• mapping concepts, trends and patterns across industries and markets
• focusing on the "why?" and "how might this affect our futures and your brands?"
• visual trend maps, moodboards, weekly articles and published reports
• seeking white space, innovation and what's outside the box
• constantly asking questions, exploring concepts and pushing creative limits
- Beauty brands
- PR and Marketing teams
- Product developers
- Beauty writers
- Trend enthusiasts
A unique algorithm designed to analyse beauty trend information powers the starting point for our forecast exploration.
Our bespoke in-house software monitors qualitative data across a variety of platforms from video to social media and blog content. It processes natural language into numbers and statistics. Data sets are valuable in this growing digital age but it doesn't define the future beauty conversation. Instead, we use it as fuel to power the content we provide.
Why process natural language?
Creating quantitative data from language allows us to spot newly emerging trends and study changes in consumer focus, social media and how other industries affect beauty.
Sales data and existing popularity metrics tell a story after the fact. They’re important for tracking established ideas but don’t have the context to look to the future. Our trend reports discuss:
- “the story so far…”,
- “what’s next?”
- "why is this shift occurring?"
- "what could this mean for the future?"
Our trend reports cover:
Skincare, Hair, Colour Cosmetics, Fragrance and Retail
Premium and mass market
Global beauty trends and location focused innovation and insight
Macro, micro and niche focus
White space and exploring future concepts
Highlights of the brands and products championing trends
Indie and beauty startup features